Transforming the Ivory Tower: Models for Gender Equality & Social Justice
Opportunity to present a 3-minute review at the
UK Book Launch | Friday 3rd July 2020 at 7.00pm | London
The launch of Transforming the Ivory Tower will support the principal aim of the Black Sister Network ‘To empower Black women and women of colour within and beyond academia’.
This competition provides a unique opportunity for 8 individuals to win:
- A signed copy of ‘Transforming the Ivory Tower’.
- A pre-launch photoshoot & champagne reception with the author & contributors.
- The opportunity to review a chapter that will be assigned to you.
- The opportunity to participate at the launch by reading your review.
- The opportunity to have your full review (300 words maximum) published on the Black British Academics website.
- View excerpts of each chapter and select the chapter you would like to review.
- Complete the competition entry form answering all questions.
- What does the chapter you selected teach us about social transformation and empowerment in relation to Black women and women of colour?
- What action (s) have you taken in the past to resist, challenge or disrupt race and gender inequality?
- How will you use the knowledge from the chapter to inform your future contribution to the mission of Black Sister Network?
- Entrants must be aged 18 and over.
- Entrants can be of any race/ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation but you must demonstrate in your submission how you presently and/or will in the future support and advance the principal aim of the Black Sister Network and contribute towards its mission.
- Entrants do not have to be UK residents but must be able to attend the book launch in London on Friday 3rd July 2020.
- Only one competition entry per person is permitted.
- No cash payments will be made in lieu of prizes.
- The deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 30th March 2020.
- Entries will be evaluated by a panel made up Ivory Tower contributors chaired by Dr Deborah Gabriel.
- Winners will be notified by Monday 27th April 2020.