We are a global network of scholars established in 2013, committed to tackling racial inequality in higher education and the wider society. Our work is project-oriented, consultancy-based, transformational and developed around a social justice agenda.
- To enhance the voice and visibility of 1Black academics within higher education.
- To build intellectual, social and cultural capital within our communities.
- To highlight our contribution to the knowledge economy.
- To decolonise, democratise and diversify the institutional culture in higher education.
- To shape policy and practice around race equality across the higher education sector.
- To contribute to social change in the wider society.
We believe that people of colour should play a key role in defining the key issues around racial inequality and advancing solutions.
Join Our Community
- It’s free join our community – sign up HERE in one minute!
- You’ll receive periodic updates, offers, invitations to attend events and participate in future projects.
1‘Black’ is used politically and conceptually as a term of empowerment and is inclusive of people of African descent, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Chinese and multiracial backgrounds. While it is accepted that these groups are heterogeneous, we are united as a strategy to foster unity and facilitate collaboration. See our statement on racial categorisation and terminology.
Protecting Our Intellectual Capital
Black British Academics is a registered trademark with the Intellectual Property Office under trademark no. UK00003429981. All content on this site is copyrighted and we will seek legal redress for any infringements, appropriation or unauthorised use of our content.
Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX
Fake Sites Warning
Black British Academics is a UK-based organisation established by Dr Deborah Gabriel and has no connection whatsoever with companies that may have registered our domain name in China [blackbritishacademics.cn, blackbritishacademics.com.cn, blackbritishacademics.net.cn, blackbritishacademics.org.cn] or any other domain names registered outside the UK. Please do not click on any of these sites as they are fake websites established for fraudulent purposes. This website registered in the UK is the only genuine Black British Academics site . For further information and advice about cybercrime contact: