To empower women of colour within and beyond academia.
Building solidarity and engaging in collective activism.
Developing strategies to overcome exclusion and marginalisation.
Undertaking research around race and gender using critical approaches.
Exploring and articulating our experiences through counter narratives.
- Health, Wellbeing & Happiness Inaugural Event (April 2019)
- Inside the Ivory Tower Book Launches (2017-18)
- Sisterhood, Solidarity and Self-Empowerment (October 2016)
- Inside the Ivory Tower: Narratives of Women of Colour Surviving and Thriving in British Academia (October 2017)
Publications (in progress)
- Transforming the Ivory Tower: Models for Gender Equality and Social Justice (Completion Date October 2019)
To join Black Sister Network sign-up to our newsletter and select ‘Black Sister Network’ from the network options.