To empower Black women and women of colour within and beyond academia.
Building solidarity and engaging in collective activism.
Developing strategies to overcome exclusion and marginalisation.
Undertaking research around race and gender using critical approaches.
Exploring and articulating our experiences through counter narratives.
- Developing initiatives to enhance our health, well-being and happiness.
- Health, Wellbeing & Happiness Inaugural Event (April 2019)
- Inside the Ivory Tower Book Launches (2017-19)
- Sisterhood, Solidarity and Self-Empowerment (October 2016)
- Inside the Ivory Tower: Narratives of Women of Colour Surviving and Thriving in British Academia (November 2017)
- Transforming the Ivory Tower: Models for Gender Equality and Social Justice (June 2020)
The consensus among the attendees is that the initiative is much needed and a welcome space for women of colour…
Next Week on 4th April Black British Academics will celebrate its 5th Anniversary…
Racial disparities in health outcomes and mortality rates are longstanding, structural, institutionalised and well-documented in the UK and US (see recommended reading below).
Our Health, Wellbeing & Happiness annual event launches on 4th April at UEL Stratford…
To join Black Sister Network sign-up to our newsletter and select ‘Black Sister Network’ from the network options.