Why isn’t my professor black?
UCL hosted a live panel debate on March 10 2014 chaired by Professor Michael Arthur, UCL President and Provost, aimed at probing answers to why there are just 85 black professors out of 18,510 in the UK. Following 10-minute presentations by panellists, contributions were solicited from the audience.
Speakers (in order of presentation):
- Chair: Professor Michael Arthur, UCL President and Provost
- Nathan E. Richards, Goldsmiths University
- Deborah Gabriel, Founder and CEO of Black British Academics
- Dr Nathaniel Adam Tobias C̶o̶l̶e̶m̶a̶n̶, UCL
- Dr Lisa Amanda Palmer, Newman University
- Dr William Ackah, Birkbeck, University of London
- Dr Shirley Tate, University of Leeds
Main Photo by Deborah Gabriel. Panellists from L to R : William Ackah, Lisa Palmer, Nathan Richards, Shirley Tate and Nathanial Adam Tobias